The Women's/Gynecology Clinic offers quality, readily accessible minimally invasive gynecologic surgery for some conditions that affect women. We take pride in offering state-of-the art technology to our patients.
* Referral from family physician to gynecologist required.
Care is based on research evidence of best practices. Our goal is to treat women with compassion and competence. We strive to provide an environment that is friendly, calm and supportive to help patients feel at ease. As busy women, we understand the many demands on a patient's time; all treatments and teaching are done on-site which is convenient and time-saving. This is a day clinic and patients go home after procedures.
The objectives of this clinic are:
- To provide high quality assessment, information and gynecological treatment services to women in our community.
- To improve the accessibility to gynecology specialists for all women of North Bay and surrounding communities.
- To decrease the number of visits and travel time for patients by providing diagnoses and treatment in one visit when possible.
- To eliminate the need for unnecessary admission to hospital.
- To decrease the length of the patient's recovery period.
- To provide individual, patient-centered care.
Your visit to the Women's Clinic
Procedures performed in the clinic include colposcopy (to look at cervix), cervical biopsies (to obtain a tissue sample for analysis) and LEEP's (to remove abnormal tissue from the cervix). We will continue to look for procedures to offer in the clinic to provide the most up-to-date care available.
Services are provided by four gynecologists and specially trained nurses. We are committed to providing quality care through the teamwork of our professional staff.
Volunteers perform an integral role within the clinic. They assist nurses with patient appointments and provide support for their families.
Referral from family physician to gynecologist required. Bookings to the gynecology clinic are made by the gynecologist.
Please bring your Ontario Health Card with you.
Your procedure may be postponed during menstruation cycle.